Given the number of emails filling my inbox and TV segments about dealing with holiday stress I have to wonder, “Has holiday fear overtaken holiday cheer?”
Are we so stressed over wrapping up the year in a nice package and getting it all done in time that we don’t have time to really enjoy the season? Many of us face shopping for gifts, wrapping up year end finances, planning holiday travel, scheduling the kids’ activities when they are out of school and- yes- shopping for new health care insurance, not to mention juggling every day tasks.
And then there’s that year-end “taking stock” of your life and making New Year’s resolutions to: lose weight, ditch the dud, meet someone new, find a new job, start a new business, start saving, stop spending, get a life coach, get a life…….
First, you are not alone if you feel this way. Second, most of this is self-inflicted. Third, by January 2 it’s all over until the end of 2016.
Everything has a season. Here are three tips to spice up your end of year and dial down the stress-o-meter.
- Everyone wants to “see you and celebrate before the end of the year.” I never understood this because I’m around 365 days of the year and like to celebrate any day. Tip: Schedule those end of year the start of the year when it’s less hectic.
- Nosy family members: Your trip to visit relatives your not be a guilt trip. You don’t owe anyone an explanation on how you are living your life and you are not obligated to answer probing questions.
- Taking stock: Stop taking yourself so seriously and comparing your life to others. Write down three amazing things about yourself and what you are doing and be prepared to tell them to everyone you see who asks you “How You’re Doing.” It’s positive reinforcement.
Want more tips? Tune into the December 7th edition of Fearless Fabulous You! to hear from Transformational Coach Jennifer Grace, a Hay House radio host, former SAG actress, who now teaches Stanford University’s Creative in Business course at the Standard Hotel in Miami, Florida. Jennifer has taught thousands of students how to remain calm and reduce stress. In this show episode we’ll discuss:
- Simple tips to balance work and life this holiday
- Advice on how to take care of yourself so you don’t lose your mind
- How to enjoy holiday family traditions
- Why meditation and exercise are very important during the holiday chaos
- Tips on eliminating family feuds
- And so much more!
Jennifer recently launched an original web based series called, The Jennifer Grace Show on YouTube. Through her retreat company, Omluxe, she takes individuals to divine destinations while also donating 100% of the proceeds to different causes in the regions they are visiting. This past November, Omluxe when to India to raise money for female entrepreneurs to kick-start their businesses. Learn more about Jennifer at www.jennifergrace.com
Join Melanie February 25-29 on a Fearless Fabulous Retreat to Los Cabos, Mexico. Kick up your toes in the sand and learn to kick out stress in your live to add in more abundance. Book now and save! www.MyRetreatsUnlimited.com