Josh Mittledorf, PhD. takes a scholarly approach to an inevitable age-old dilemma: aging. In Cracking the Aging Code, he explains the science of growing old and what it means for staying young. A provocative read. Dr., Mittledorf joins me to discuss Nov 22 on #FearlessFabulousYou 12 noon EST W4WN Radio – The Women 4 Women Network.
A few things from his book I will discuss with Dr. Mittledorf:
- How aging is not simply the result of wear and tear on our bodies. Rather, our bodies are destroyed on schedule, from the inside out. It is a natural evolutionary process.
- Why caloric restriction is the oldest and most reliable way to prolong lives. He fasts once a week.
- How stress can actually prolong your life.
- Why interval training with short bursts of high energy are more effective exercises for your health.
- Why you may want to start taking Melatonin, Vitamin D, curry and aspirin every day.